Tutorial: Pipeline design game
Hands on workshop for 4 teams (4×5-6) or more, using two card games, to design a Continuous Delivery pipelines in line with the Quality needs of the given Business scenario
What testing steps should you include in your Continuous Delivery pipeline? Don’t just string together existing manual processes – use simple, collaborative tools to design something better! It is also important to understand how well we covered our product quality related risks, and what testing techniques are needed to have proper, continuous quality assurance. The workshop will help teams to learn how to design their QA pipeline with simple cards.
Objective of the talk:
– discuss the different product quality aspects of their given business scenario, and their importance
– to design a continuous delivery pipeline (using cards), in line with the business expectations
– to understand what else is needed to build a Test Strategy
Presentation: DevOps challenge in 5G
The presentation is focusing on the DevOps challenge in Telco, especially related to continuous deployment in 5G. It will discuss how DevOps with Communication Service Providers is different from Enterprise IT. We will have special focus on the Telco Deployment Pipeline, Automated Everything and how an Agile team can collaborate to survive: technically, mindset wise and with practices.
After a short introduction of DevOps in 5G, we will discuss if Test Automation on its own is enough to solve testing challenges, and how Telco DevOps is expanding the picture of Continuous Quality Assurance. We will discuss how the Telco DevOps pipeline looks like, how the teams shall be organized and what extra they need to deliver.
Keywords: DevOps, 5G, Pipeline, Continuous Quality Assurance, Team Topology, Competence Development
Objective of the talk: Key takeaways
– Why 5G DevOps view is different?
– understanding of multivendor Telco DevOps pipeline
– the focus of automation in Telco
– additional challenges of Agile teams in Telco DevOps, and proposed practices